Ingredients . . .
- 100g plant-based butter
- 250g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 100g Applewood Vegan® Block, grated
- Egg alternative, beaten
- Small bunch of chives, snipped
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (we used a mix of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds)
Method . . .
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl using your hands until a dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5mm, then use a round cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Cut out the centre of half of your circles.
- Place the biscuits onto a floured backing tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Once cooked and cooled, place a small spoon of tomato salsa in the centre of each biscuit that is a full circle (not the ones with holes in them).
- Place the biscuits which have the centre cut out, on top of the salsa and push down gently.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!