Air Fryer Hot Cross Buns
Ingredients . . .
- 700g strong bread flour, plus extra 5 tbsp for crosses and dusting
- 3x7g sachets fast-action dried yeast
- 500ml whole milk
- 140g Applewood® Wedge
Method . . .
- Mix the flour, yeast and 2 tsp salt in a big bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Mix with a wooden spoon, then your hands, to a soft dough. Knead for 10 mins, then put back in the bowl. Lightly cover with oiled cling film and leave somewhere warm until doubled in size (about 30 mins).
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead in most of the cheese. Dust a large, flat baking sheet with flour. Shape the dough into 12 round buns and arrange on the sheet with a 2-3cm gap between each. Loosely cover with another sheet of lightly oiled cling film and leave to prove until nearly doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 180C fan. Mix the 5 tbsp flour for the crosses with the 5 tbsp water. Spoon into a disposable piping bag and pipe a line along each row of buns, then repeat in the other direction to make crosses. Scatter with the remaining Applewood® and bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Enjoy with our Applewood® Slices for extra cheesiness!