Cheesy Sauce for Loaded Nachos
Ingredients . . .
- 325ml full-fat milk
- 185g Applewood® Wedge, grated
- 30g unsalted butter
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
Method . . .
- Place a saucepan on a medium heat. Melt the butter slowly then add in the plain flour to make a roux.
- Gradually whisk the milk into the flour, stirring constantly. Keep whisking and adding the milk until the sauce is smooth and silky.
- Once all the milk has been added, keep stirring and reduce the heat to its lowest setting.
- Cook the sauce for a further 4 minutes and then stir in the Applewood® cheese, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Let your sauce cool slightly then load up your nachos with your favourite toppings.