Cheesy Stuffed Pigs in Blankets
Ingredients . . .
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry, chilled
- 4 Applewood® Bites
- 8 chipolata sausages
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 heaped tbsp whole cranberry sauce
- 50ml orange juice
- Pinch of mixed spice
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
Method . . .
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan)/220ºC/gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Unroll the puff pastry and cut into 8 squares.
- Cut each Applewood® Bite lengthways to create 8 long pieces of cheese. Pair each piece of cheese with a chipolata sausage and wrap a rasher of streaky bacon around to encase them both.
- Place each wrapped cheesy sausage diagonally in the middle of a pastry square then wrap the pastry either side of the sausage over the top, overlapping them slightly. Press the pastry down to seal and brush the beaten egg all over. Place onto the lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is dark golden and the cheese is oozy.
- While the pigs in blankets are cooking, make the spiced cranberry dip. Add the cranberry sauce, orange juice, mixed spice and whole spices to a saucepan and gently heat for 5 minutes, stirring often until warmed through and runny. Allow the dip to cool slightly, then serve alongside the pigs in blankets.