Chicken & Cheese Stuffed Garlic Roll
Ingredients . . .
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 250g flour
- 4 eggs
- 230g seasoned breadcrumbs
- 240ml oil (for frying)
- 1 large baguette
- 10 Applewood® Slices
- Marinara sauce
- 75g butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Method . . .
- Slice the chicken breast into ½ inch thick strips. Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls. Roll a chicken strip in the flour, dust off any excess. Dip the strip into the egg, then place into the breadcrumbs, coating it completely. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat to 350˚F (180˚C). Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C). Fry the breaded chicken strips until both sides are golden brown. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Slice the baguette into thirds or fourths. Cut out the insides of the baguette pieces with a knife so that it is hallow. Lay two slices of Applewood® on top of each other with a 1 inch overlap. Place a chicken strip on the overlapping region, then fold the cheese tightly around the chicken. Push the rolled chicken strips into a baguette piece.
- Slice the stuffed baguette pieces into 1 inch (2 ½ cm) slices, then place them tightly side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with foil. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for garlic butter.
- Brush the garlic butter evenly over the baguette slices, making sure some drips in between the slices. Wrap the foil over the re-assembled baguette and bake for 20–25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the top is starting to brown.
- Remove the foil and serve with the marinara sauce!