Comforting Tomato Soup
Ingredients . . .
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Applewood Vegan® Grated
Method . . .
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add onions and cook for 7-8 mins until soft.
- Throw in the can of tomatoes (with their liquid) and the water, gently smashing the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Add oregano, basil, and salt.
- Bring to the boil and then let the soup simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool the soup for 5 minutes and then add to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the coconut milk.
- Top with cashew cream, coriander and Applewood Vegan® Grated.
- Dip in a cheezy toastie and prepare for the taste sensation of your life!