Corn Fritters with Hilltop Honey
Ingredients . . .
- 340ml can of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon- cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Applewood®, grated
- Toppings – Hilltop honey, sour cream, bacon
Method . . .
- Preheat pan on a medium heat.
- Place corn kernels, flour and cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and milk. Stir until a thick batter forms.
- Add the bacon (leave some aside for topping) and Applewood® cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Place about 2 tbsp size mounds of the fritter mixture on pan, then flatten.
- Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes per side, or until they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Top with bacon, sour cream and drizzle with honey.