Double Stacked Sliders with a Smoky Sauce
Ingredients . . .
For the sliders:
- 500g minced beef
- Salt and pepper
- Oil spray for frying
- 5 Applewood® Slices
- 9 slider rolls, sliced
- 3 slices ready-cooked smoked bacon (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- Pickled gherkins, thinly sliced
For the Applewood® dipping sauce:
- 2 Applewood® Slices
- 4 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
Method . . .
Applewood® Dipping Sauce
- To make the Applewood® dipping sauce, crumble the Applewood® slices into a microwavable jug. Add the mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. Mix and microwave for 45 seconds on full power. Stir and heat for a further 30-45 seconds until the cheese is fully melted. Stir and transfer to a small bowl.
- Put the minced beef in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mince into 18 equal portions. Roll each into small balls and then flatten into small thin patties slightly larger than your slider rolls. Place on a plate(s) and cover and chill until required.
- Cut each Applewood® slice into quarters. Cut each bacon slice into three; set aside.
- Frying: fry the patties in a lightly oiled frying pan over a high heat for about 1½ minutes, then flip and cook for another 1½ minutes on the other side. Place a quarter slice of Applewood® on to each burger turn off the heat and cover the pan for about 1 minute to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese. Repeat the process with the remaining patties.
- Barbequing: cook each burger for 1-2 minutes on each side. When both sides are cooked, top each with a quarter slice of Applewood® and close the BBQ lid (if possible) and allow the cheese to melt.
- To assemble the sliders, place a little shredded lettuce on the base of each sliced roll. Top with a burger. Next add a piece of smoked bacon. Add another burger and pickle slices. Top the slider and use cocktail sticks to hold everything together.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.