Smoky Red Pepper & Cheesy Tomato Tarts
Ingredients . . .
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers, one red and one yellow
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 2 Applewood® Bites, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- handful shredded basil leaves
- Salad to serve
Method . . .
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut the tomatoes and peppers, remove seeds and chop into chunks.
- Pop into a roasting tray, drizzle with oil, add the garlic and roast until soft, this will be about 20 minutes.
- Tip the juices from the pan into a bowl and spoon the tomatoes and peppers onto a plate. Grab the bowl of juices and add the ricotta, grated Applewood® Bites, eggs and basil, then mix.
- Cut the puff into circles and press gently into a greased muffin tin.
- Pour the mixture into the tablet cases, drop in the tomatoes and peppers into each, then bake for 30 minutes until the fillings and pastry are golden.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!