The Ultimate Cheesy Roast Potatoes
Ingredients . . .
- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 80g duck or goose fat
- 2 tsp flour
- 160g Applewood® Slices
- A sprinkle of paprika, parsley and sea salt to serve
Method . . .
- Place the fat in a big roasting tin and heat in the oven at 200C/gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into even pieces – around three or four depending on the size of the potato.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan for ten minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave them to cool for ten minutes.
- Shake the potatoes in the colander until fluffy.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the flour.
- Carefully add the potatoes to the roasting tin and coat them in the oil.
- Cook for 45 minutes – turn them over every ten minutes to ensure they all cook evenly.
- Once the potatoes are crunchy and golden, take them out of the tin and place them in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, and cover the potatoes with the slices. Place in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Take them out of the oven and sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Enjoy with your favourite dip!