Wonderful Welsh Rarebit
Ingredients . . .
- 140g Applewood® Wedge, thickly grated
- 120ml brown ale
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 heaped tsp English mustard powder
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
Method . . .
- Warm the ale in a small saucepan and put to the side.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter until it starts to foam, then add the flour and stir for one minute.
- Bit by bit add the warmed ale whisking constantly to create a thick sauce. Add the cheese and whisk again until it becomes a paste.
- Stir in the mustard, Worcestershire and chives.
- To bring the dish together, heat your grill to its highest setting.
- Grill the sourdough slices on one side until golden.
- Flip them over and spread on the cheesy sauce.
- Put back under the grill and cook again for a couple of minutes until everything is bubbling and golden. Enjoy!